Canadian Professionals and Skilled Workers Program

One thing common about the Canadian government is how they recognize the importance of professionals and skilled workers in growing their economy.

There are programs made available for professionals and skilled workers in Canada and you would discover that in this program.

With over 80% of immigrants residing in Canada, you should know that majority come into the country in search of skilled jobs.

The federal skilled programs organized by the Canadian government assists skilled professionals immigrating into the country. The programs organized by the government for skilled professionals are :

The Federal Skilled Trade Program (FSTP)

It is a program that helps a skilled trader who has work experience and a job to be able to reside permanently in Canada. Also, an Express Entry Profile is required needed in the process.

Canada Experience Class ( CEC)

This program is for applicants who met the qualifications of the Express Entry system. It helps skilled professionals who have worked in Canada for a minimum of one year, live in Canada permanently.

QUEBEC skilled workers program

It is a program that looks out for individuals who wish to live and work in the province of Quebec.

It is different from other immigration provinces of Quebec. The submission of an Expression Of Interest (EOI) is vital as you get to apply before you get accepted into the Arima portal where your profile is evaluated with a score out of 100.

Your success determines when a Quebec Selection Certificate is given to you. It helps in getting your Invitation to Apply (ITA) permit, used for permanent residency, as it is a policy of the federal government.

Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs)

It is important to note that Canadian provinces do not have the power to give permanent residency to foreigners. The nomination system of the PNPs is to boost your chances.

Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants ( RCICs)

They function as guides doing your immigration process.

They have legalized authorities that work in progress with the standards of Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC). They make your Canadian visa application easy as they are highly professional on the job.

They are conditions needed to be met when applying as a Federal skilled worker and they are:

Fluency in the English or French language is expected by a skilled worker who intends to reside in Canada.

You would go through various medical checks or tests and a security background check would be also be done.

You’ve got to have a high score in the Skilled Worker Point Grid of a pass mark of 67 points.

You must have experience in one of the following: managerial occupation, professional occupation, and Technical occupation.

Eligible Skilled worker occupation

The occupations required to gain entrance into Canada are listed below:

  • Professionals in advertising, marketing, and public relations.
  • Administrative Officers
  • Executive Assistant
  • Property administrators
  • Health information management
  • Civil Engineers
  • Mechanical Engineer
  • Architect
  • Web designers and developers
  • Agriculture and fish products inspectors
  • Power Engineers
  • Machine fitters and many other occupations.


Not all jobs are skills are required in the skilled worker’s program, there are over three hundred occupations that are on-demand by the Canadian government. If you desire to reside permanently in Canada as a worker you can as well get training on the job.

What skill would you love to apply for when applying for a skilled worker program? We would love to hear from you. You can use the comment section below. Don’t forget to like and share this article.

Leave a Comment