When it comes to beauty, there are lots of places in the world that are exceptionally beautiful. Some of the most beautiful places on earth are naturally endowed and graciously composed. Below is a list of the top 10 most beautiful places on earth.
10. The Great Blue Hole, Belize
Great Blue Hole, Belize is among the topmost beautiful places on earth to visit.
It is positioned near the center of Lighthouse Reef, a small atoll 70 km from the mainland of Belize City. This hole has a circular shape of over 300m across and 108m deep.
The Great Blue Hole is a very huge submarine sinkhole off the coast of Belize.
Why You Should Visit Great Blue Hole
- The great blue hole is 125 meters deep and 300 meters wide. It’s almost circular in shape.
- The great blue hole is a natural underwater sinkhole situated 70 km away from the mainland of Belize. It’s the most popular dive destination in the country
- This sinkhole is best known for its deep blue color, caused by the presence of white carbonate sand as well as the transparency of water
- It’s a world-class destination for scuba diving
- Formed during the ice age by the melting of huge ice blocks and the opening of a dry cave
- The wall of Great blue hole is home to some amazing marine species which includes the reef shark, giant groupers, and nurse shark.
9. The Great Wall of China
The Great Wall of China which is one of my favorite sightseeing is a series of fortifications made of stone, tamped earth, brick, wood, and other materials. It is positioned along an east-to-west line across the historical northern borders of China.
Why You Should Visit the Great Wall of China
- It is the most popular landmark of China as well as one of the greatest architectural wonders of the Ancient world.
- The Great wall is not continuous. It combines both parallel walls, circular walls, and sidewalls.
- This great wall was built by various Dynasties in China. Emperor Qin Shi Huang built the first part of the wall between 220 B.C and 206 B.C. Ever since then, different dynasties have added new sections to the original wall.
- The Great Wall of China is the longest structure humans have ever built on the face of the Earth. It has a total length of 5500.3 miles.
- Without aid, the great wall can’t be seen from space.
- The height of the Great wall is between 16-33 feet and a width between 13-15 feet.
- Only a few sections of the original wall still remain today because many parts of the wall have eroded away.
- The Badaling in Beijing city is the most visited section of the Great Wall of China. Ming Dynasty built this section of wall and the wall has also undergone restoration.
8. Machu Picchu, Peru
Machu Picchu is an Incan citadel situated in the Andes Mountains in Peru, above the Urubamba River valley.
It was built in the 15th century and was later abandoned. It’s known for its sophisticated dry-stone walls that fuse huge blocks even without the use of mortar. It’s an intriguing building that plays on astronomical alignments and panoramic views. Its exact former use remains a mystery.
Why You Should Visit Machu Picchu
- Hiram Bingham was an American historian who discovered Machu Picchu in 1911
- Machu Picchu is located at an altitude of 1972 feet above sea level. It is surrounded by exalted mountain peaks
- Machu Picchu is the ruins of the royal estate built by the Incas located high in the Andes Mountains of Peru. It houses temples, storage rooms, palaces, residences, and stone structures. This site covers an immense land of 5.09 square miles.
- Inca Emperor Pachacuti built the Machu Picchu in the 15th century. But the site was abandoned just after the Spanish invasion in the 16th Century.
- Buildings in Machu Picchu were built even without any mortar. The huge stone blocks were cut so precisely that they fit in together tightly. Additionally, the well-crafted stone structures, as well as the sophisticated irrigation system, give you an idea of the outstanding engineering skills of Incas.
- Structures in Machu Picchu are carved out of granite rocks. Most of the rocks used for the construction of Machu Picchu weigh more than 50 tons.
- You can get to Machu Picchu by hiking the amazing Inca trail. It will take you between 3-5 days for the completion
7. Taj Mahal, Agra, India
Taj Mahal is an ivory-white marble mausoleum located at the south bank of the Yamuna River in the Indian city of Agra.
Mughal emperor, Shah Jahan, commissioned the Taj Mahal in 1632 to house the tomb of Mumtaz Mahal, his favorite wife.
Why You Should Visit Taj Mahal
- Taj Mahal is considered a symbol of pure love and the most prominent tourist attraction in India and one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
- Taj Mahal was constructed between 1632 and 1653. It is the finest example of Mughal architecture
- ‘Taj Mahal’ means ‘Crown Of Palaces’. The beautiful marble mausoleum has a number of small domes and a huge central dome. Additionally, there’re four (4) decorative minarets or pillars on the four (4) corners of the Taj Mahal
- The Taj Mahal has a height of 240 feet and all the four (4) sides of this monument are flawlessly identical.
- The Taj Mahal shows different colors at different times of the day – pinkish in the morning, milky white in the evening, and golden at night.
- Taj Mahal is located on a large land of 17 hectares. You will find a number of other buildings, a reflecting pool, and a beautiful 300 square meter garden.
6. Bora Bora, French Polynesia
Bora Bora, French Polynesia is one (1) of the most beautiful places on earth to visit. It’s a South Pacific island northwest located at the Tahiti in French Polynesia.
Bora Bora is encompassed by sand-fringed Motus (islets) and a turquoise lagoon guarded by a coral reef, it’s prominent for its scuba diving.
Additionally, it’s also a popular destination and luxury resort where some guest bungalows are perched over the water on stilts. From the center of the island rises Mt. Otemanu, a 727m dormant volcano.
Why You Should Visit Bora Bora
- With beautiful lagoons, aqua-centric luxury resorts, fantastic nightlife, and friendly locals, Bora Bora happens to be the most beautiful Island in French Polynesia.
- Bora Bora qualifies as the most beautiful lagoon destination in the world. The Island paradise is encompassed by breathtaking sand-edged Islets and a turquoise lagoon.
- Thankfully, the Bora Bora Island has no dangerous insects and snakes.
- Alluring bungalows built over the clear, electric blue waters are one of the major attractions of Bora Bora. Also, the private balconies of these beautiful bungalows offer a stunning view of the Sunsets and lagoon.
- Bora Bora is a world-class diving and snorkeling destination. You can huge, beautiful coral reefs up close and also swim among more than 100 astonishing marine species. Additionally, you can enjoy jet skiing, the romantic Sunset cruise, parasailing, windsurfing, and kiteboarding.
- In Bora Bora, you can only access just a few public beaches. The Marina beach of Bora Bora is truly among the top most beautiful beaches in the world. The white sands, clear and calm blue waters, and breathtaking resorts will surely attract you to the beach.
5. Antelope Canyon, Arizona, United States
The United States is another amazing country that houses one of the world’s coolest places on earth.
Antelope Canyon is a slot canyon located in the American Southwest. It is situated on Navajo land east of Page, Arizona.
Antelope Canyon has two (2) separate, scenic slot canyon sections, individually referred to as “The Crack” or “Upper Antelope Canyon”; and “The Corkscrew” or “Antelope Canyon”.
Why You Should Visit Antelope Canyon
- Antelope Canyon in the Navajo territory of Arizona is actually the most beautiful slot canyon in the world. The geological wonder is prominent for its narrow passages, wavy sandstone walls, and amazing colors.
- Antelope Canyon is the topmost photographed slot canyon in the whole world.
- Antelope Canyon has two (2) sections – the upper and lower antelope canyon
- The upper antelope canyon is the most visited part of this site because it’s easily accessible. During the summer period, you can relish the wonderful view of Sunbeams coming through the opening above the slot canyon.
- Meanwhile, the lower antelope canyon has stairs along the rock walls which can be used to access the site. Unlike the upper antelope canyon, the paths of the lower antelope canyon are narrower. But, the wonderful rock formations make the site worth visiting.
- Antelope Canyon is likely to flood in the monsoon. Thus, tourists are not allowed to enter the site during that time.
Another place on our list of the topmost beautiful places on earth to visit is Antarctica. It is the southernmost continent and the site of the South Pole is almost uninhabited due to the ice-covered landmass.
Lots of the cruises to the continent visit the Antarctic Peninsula, which stretches toward South America.
Antarctica is well known for its striking, iceberg-flanked passageways, Lemaire Channel and Paradise Harbor, and Port Lockroy, a former British research station turned museum. The isolated terrain in the peninsula also shelters lots of rich wildlife, including penguins.
Why You Should Visit Antarctica
- Antarctica is among the few places on Earth where you can enjoy nature’s beauty at its best.
- Antarctica has an average temperature of -49 degrees Celsius which makes it the coldest place on Earth.
- Many areas in Antarctica are covered with thick ice sheets. Some parts of the thickness can measure over 1 mile.
- Antarctica houses some of the wonderful species of birds and animals. They are quick to adapt to the harsh conditions of Antarctica. Penguins are the most famous animal in Antarctica. There’re eight (8) species of penguins living in Antarctica, and among them are the Emperor and the Adelie penguins found nowhere else in the world.
- Other animals you can find in Antarctica includes the Crabeater seals, elephant seal, killer whale, dusky dolphin, Antarctic shags and wandering albatross are other animals found in Antarctica.
- Minke, humpback, blue, fin, sperm, sei, and killer whales are the most common species of whales found in Antarctica.
- You will find lots of glacial ice on the Earth in Antarctica and it also houses lots of wonderful glaciers. About 77000 sq. km area of Antarctica is covered by glaciers.
- You will hardly find any activity to match the kayak excursion in Antarctica. kayaking in Antarctica is more fun and best from December to March. You can paddle amongst the massive icebergs on the coasts of Antarctica.
Great Barrier Reef, Australia
The Great Barrier Reef in northeastern Australia off the coast of Queensland is the largest living thing on Earth. It’s even visible from outer space.
The 2,300km-long ecosystem includes thousands of reefs and hundreds of islands created from over 600 types of soft and hard coral. It houses countless species of colorful fish, starfish, and mollusks, including turtles, sharks, and dolphins.
Why You Should Visit The Great Barrier Reef
- It’s the most beautiful tourist attraction in Australia and one of the natural wonders on Earth.
- It comprises more than 3000 individual reef systems and also stretches over 1430 miles, the Great Barrier Reef is the largest coral reef in the world.
- The Great Barrier Reef is actually the biggest living structure on Earth and it can even be seen from space.
- This tropical wonder is home to a wide variety of marine creatures including 1625 types of fishes, 3000 types of mollusks, 133 species of sharks, 30 species of whales, and 600 types of corals.
- Take snorkeling or scuba diving to experience the magical underwater world of the Great Barrier Reef. Also, the up-close view of stunning coral reefs will surely leave you breathless. There’re also semi-submersible, glass-bottom boats, and sailboats to see the diverse marine life as well as amazing coral reefs.
- Without doubts, the Great Barrier Reef is the most picturesque drop zone in the whole world. You can enjoy the most impressive view through a skydive. You also find seaplane services that offer magical views of the great barrier reefs from a different perspective.
2. Grand Canyon, Arizona, United States
The Grand Canyon in the United States is a steep-sided canyon carved by the Colorado River in the state of Arizona in the U.S.
Why You Should Visit Grand Canyon
- No other place in the United States is arguably as beautiful as Grand Canyon. The steep-sided canyon is breathtaking and is located in Arizona State.
- Grand Canyon has impressive cliffs, copper-colored Colorado River, and multicolored rock layers.
- The 18 miles wide, 227 miles long Grand Canyon is the enormous canyon in the United States. The Grand Canyon is one of the seven (7) natural wonders of the world.
- The metamorphic rocks found under the Grand Canyon are estimated to be over 2 billion years old.
- The limestone rocks seen at the Northern Rim of the Grand Canyon are aged over 230 million years old.
- Five (5) Indian tribes (Hopi, Havasupai, Hopi, Hualapai, and Navajo) have been living around Grand Canyon for thousands of years.
- When it comes to hiking, rafting, sightseeing, and photographing, Grand Canyon is the perfect destination.
- The Havasupai falls situated within Grand Canyon is one of the most astonishing waterfalls in the world. The Havasupai falls are surrounded by multicolored cliffs and are popular for their amazing pools and striking vivid blue waters.
- The Grand Canyon Skywalk, a cantilever bridge located 720 feet above the canyon floor offers an amazing view of the rock formations and cliffs in the site.
- The Sunrises and Sunset sat Grand Canyon appears in vivid colors.
- With the proper permission from the backcountry information center, you can relish the overnight hiking in Grand Canyon.
1. The Maldives
One of the best places you can think of is ‘Maldives’. It’s a tropical nation in the Indian Ocean consisting of 26 ring-shaped atolls made up of more than 1,000 coral islands.
It is well known for its blue lagoons, beaches, and extensive reefs. Malé is the capital and has busy restaurants, fish markets, and shops by the main road, Majeedhee Magu, and 17th-century Hukuru Miskiy (AKA “Friday Mosque”) made of carved white coral.
Why You Should Visit Grand Canyon
- With an amazing magical underwater world, white sand beaches, and marvelous resorts, the Maldives is surely a paradise on Earth.
- The Maldives comprises 1190 coral Islands but just 202 of them have been inhabited.
- The Island archipelago posses charming white sand beaches with the clearest turquoise waters. You will definitely relish the various activities on these beaches which include snorkeling, parasailing, diving, and swimming.
- The shining beach on Vaadhoo Island is an unusual attraction everyone needs to visit whenever they visit the Maldives. It’s an amazing place for sightseeing; in addition to the mesmerizing glittering water is a result of bioluminescence created by planktons.
- 87% of the Islands of Maldives are dedicated to resorts. It’s easier for you to find affordable resorts in the Maldives. These resorts provide different dining options, swimming pools, stunning views of the beaches, fitness centers, volleyball and tennis courts as well as dive centers. You also find amazing underwater restaurants in the Maldives.
- Riding in ‘Dhoni’, the traditional Maldivian boat is the most delightful way to explore the Island. A cool evening ride would give you a stunning Sunset view.
- To enjoy the stunning view of the natural atoll formations, vast lagoons, and Blue Ocean of the archipelago, then take a seaplane flight over the Maldives.
- Another popular dive spot is the dive warren Thila located in the Ari Atoll of Maldives. There you can watch various species of sharks including gray reef sharks, whitetip reef sharks, whale sharks, leopard sharks, and nurse sharks.
With the night beach parties, underwater nightclubs, and bars, Maldives is also the best destination for vibrant nightlife.